- “You will, in both letter and spirit, take immediate steps to improve your classroom instruction so as to not give rise to offense in others.”
- “You will not make comments, nor will you use phraseology, which does not manifest a clear concern for student sensibilities and which may promote student misunderstandings or cause offense in them.”
- “You will not make comments, nor will you use phraseology, which may be interpreted by a reasonable person as articulating or promoting racism, sexism, or any other ideology which incorporates stereotypical, prejudical, or discriminatory over-generalizations that might intimidate, insult, or offend students or others.”
- “You will not use language or examples which are provocative or inflammatory, hence likely to give rise to offense in others.
- “You will in all other ways manifest a sensitivity to the opinions of others in your dealings with students.
More about this case: